Tuesday 14 June 2016

Making the Most of Moorlands - Update

 

Update from Whitshiels Cafe Sightings board.

 
Thanks to those who recorded their sightings on our new board. Here are the latest updates....
 
 
Grey Heron - River Esk and Ewes - 27.5.2016
 
 
27.5.2016 - Heron - River Esk and Ewes - JB
3.6.2016 - 2 Eels - Codgie - BK
3.6.2016 - Female Goosander with chicks - Esk in Langholm
3.6.2016 - Red Fox (Vixen) - Round House - Mick T
3.6.2016 - Ravens - Tarras - Mick T
3.6.2016 - Red Fox (Dog) - Tarras Lodge - Mick T
5-6.6.2016 - Lots of harrier activity and Tawny Owls - Kent Yeti


Broods of Pied Flycatcher, Stonechat and Blue tits hatching. First harrier chicks hatching.


Thanks and keep those sightings coming in.


Rick

2 comments:

  1. I have managed to come past a few times on my way North and we have always seen harriers and particularly like the Tarras valley. can someone please tell me though, where is harrier corner?
    It seems to be one of the few places I can see harriers regularly.
    The demise of the project makes me afraid for the hen harriers at Langholm. I'm hoping for the best, but fear the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex can you email me at cat@langholminitiative.co.uk? thanks C

    ReplyDelete